This quick and easy Whole30 Paleo Gluten Free Dairy Free Sausage Kale Frittata recipe makes an excellent breakfast or lunch. I like to make this on Sunday and eat it for breakfast throughout the week. You can substitute any type of sausage or greens in this recipe.
Any type of sausage can be used in this recipe. If you are doing Whole30, be sure the sausage is Whole30 compliant.
The combination of whole eggs and egg whites is flexible. Just be sure to include a total of 6 whole eggs/egg white equivalent.
Any type of green vegetable can be substituted for the kale in this recipe. Try it with broccoli or spinach.
Whole30 Paleo Gluten Free Dairy Free Sausage Kale Frittata Recipe
1lb Andouille Beef Sausage, sliced
1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Bag (about 6 ounces) Frozen Kale, defrosted
4 Large Eggs, beaten
2 Egg Whites, beaten
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in skillet, over medium heat.
- Add onion to pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sliced sausage to pan, cook for about 5 minutes, until sausage is cooked through.
- Mix kale into pan and cook for 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper.
- Combine egg mixture with sausage and vegetables.
- Grease an oven safe pie plate. Pour egg, sausage, and vegetable mixture into pan. Cook for 25 – 30 minutes until cooked through.